Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Make new friends...

Way back when I was a brownie, we learned a song that goes like this....

"make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold."

As I sit here and reflect on the events of birthday week, that song kept popping into my head. Old and new friends alike helped to make my 29th birthday one of the best ever! Starting last Wednesday with girl's dinner and lots of vino at Brix, continuing on Friday (my actual b-day) with hugs and well wishes from students in all grade levels, an early morning birthday Bonanza (complete with two really awesome tickets to see BON JOVI!!!!!) b-day lunch from panera and a cookie cake, over 75 facebook bday posts, snacks and Howling with the Kaiser girls on Friday night [plenty of dancing on the stage for me ;-) ], then creme brulee french toast brunch on Sunday after church, a two hour phone call with my best friend Beth who lives in Maine, all the way to today when I came home to find a package from Beth with all things nostalgic circa 2000-2004.

Friends near and far, thanks for making my birthday so awesome. I am sooo blessed to have you in my life. I really don't know what I'd do without you!

2 comments:

  1. That was quite the whirlwind birthday! Glad it turned out to be a really good one from what you posted above- you certainly deserved it. - Lisa Hindmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your birthday was filled with love, laughter, and fun! I love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete