Monday, November 12, 2012

Luke 11:28

My confirmation verse is Luke 11:28~ "Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it." I have tried to live by this verse and make sure that I am applying it to my life through regular study of the Word and praying for discernment of God's will.

Lately though, I have been wandered far from this... On two different occasions, I have pulled Psalm 37:7 out of our Stephen Ministry blessings basket, which says" Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." Another time I drew Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew thier strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shay run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."   Do you see a theme here? God is obviously trying to teach me about PATIENCE, and yet I forge ahead (for a variety of reasons) with my own plan and ignore God's word. So often I pray for a burning bush or an obvious sign. I don't know how much more plain this could be and yet I still turn away- how like the stubborn Israelites I am.

I pray that God would give me the strength and courage to heed His word and to obey it; that I might be able to abide contently in the Lord until His perfect timing is revealed, especially if it is contrary to my own will!

No comments:

Post a Comment