Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

I'm not sure how 2014 got here... I feel like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating the arrival of 2013...and yet here we are, so let's chat about New Years resolutions

One of the definitions of resolution is "deciding upon a firm course of action." I like this definition because it speaks to the dedication required to achieve something, it is not a spur of the moment, impulsive decision, nor is it supposed to be something you easily give up on (although all too many of us abandon our resolutions after January). Rather, a resolution is something you've thought about, you've come up with a plan or course of action for achieving the goal. To me, resolutions are saturated with the desire to do better and to live better. I've thought a lot over the last year how I want to become a better person in 2014 and here are a few that I've come up with:

1. To see more of the good in people and to forgive them quickly
2. To see the blessings of every day more clearly (I've even created a jar to write them down)
3. To worry less about what others think of me and to do so by replacing it with scriptural evidence of the Truth of what my Heavenly Father thinks of me (the only one who really matters).
4. To spend more time with the people who encourage and refresh me
5. To take more chances and step out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment