Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Little Things

Reading over my past blog posts, I was struck by all the melancholy and frustration and sadness that was in them. While it's true that I am feeling all of those emotions and it's good to have an outlet for those emotions in this blog, I also know that I have many blessings in my life for which I need to be grateful... who knows- maybe it's the gorgeous sunshine or the happy endorphins released after a long walk with Riley, but tonight's post is simply an abridged list of things that make me smile, in no particular order

1. fresh cut flowers in full bloom, particularly Hyacinths and Lillies- makes me wish desperately that my favorite flower, lilacs could grow in TX.
2. Riley chewing on his rawhide bone
3. Riley running down the stairs and leaping up and down from the couch
4. long walks in the sunshine
5. naps!!!
6. Vampire novels
7. books in general
8. finger painting
9. coloring
10. old couples who still hold hands
11. ice cream
12. dark chocolate
13. Puppy snuggles
14. being needed
15. C-Lo Green's song- Forget you (actual title changed to make it family friendly)
16. the chicktionary and words with friends apps on my iphone
17. Paris
18. good food
19. clean sheets
20. cute pajamas
21. clothes fresh from the dryer
22. Fridays (the day of the week, not the restaurant)
23. new born babies
24. two hour phone calls with amazing friends who do a great job of making it seem like you don't live 3,000 miles apart
25. scented candles
26. chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven with a glass of milk
27. love ballads from GI
28. Edward Cullen
29. Eric Northman- Sheriff of Area 5
30. Pictures of Lexi from Denise
31. flip flops
32. church
33. quiet time
34. cran-raspberry juice
35. crepes
36. my siblings
37. crossword puzzles
38. my book nook
39. pedicures
40. cooking

1 comment: